We support our clients efforts at both ends of the website development process.
Front End Support
Domain Name Registration
Your domain name is your website’s address (URL) on the world wide web. You will want something unique, memorable and related to the purpose of your website. At our registration portal, you can check out names to see what’s available – or we can help you. When you decide what you want, you can register it right there at a very low cost – or we can do it on your behalf. We set this up for our clients, but anyone can register their domain names and get the same low prices whether our client or not. If you want to register a domain name and set up your website later or if you want a special top level domain like ‘.farm’ instead of ‘.com’ (e.g. yourdomain.farm) you can get your domain name at globalcreationsdomains.com. If you want to order both a domain name and hosting at the same time, read on.
All websites have a host. That’s a computer that holds the files, images, videos, and databases that make up your website and delivers the pages to web browsers when requested. We don’t host websites ourselves, that’s a whole different business. Instead we work with a company called ICDSoft.
We have investigated a lot of hosting companies and have found ICDSoft to be the very best. Their pricing is rational and they don’t start you off at an exceptionally low rate only to jack up the price after a year. If you have ever worked with another host, you know how difficult it is to get them to respond to any needs and issues you may have. ICDSoft responds within 15 minutes, 24/7, and will work with you – or us – as needed to get any issue resolved. In addition, they make a full backup of your website every day. To restore it, all you need to do is ask.
You may order your hosting services directly from ICDSoft, or we will include hosting in our contract with you.
Online stores are required to have secure web pages. Google gives your ranking a bit of a bump if your whole website is secure. With all of the new websites we develop, we include permanent (no renewal required) security for every page. You will see a padlock on each page indicating that all your your content is encrypted as it moves though the internet. If you are technically minded, connections to the sites we engineer are encrypted and authenticated using a strong protocol (TLS 1.2), a strong key exchange (ECDHE_RSA), and a strong cipher (AES_256_GCM). There is no extra charge for this service.
Back End Support
Maintenance and Help
We don’t leave you stranded after we engineer your website. Our typical contract includes a year of support and WordPress websites do need support. Here are a few of the things we can do for you:
- Update any plugins that support your site. Often plugins affect each other. We assess the situation before updating to be sure your site will continue to work when the updates are done. If something still breaks, we’ll fix it or replace the offending plugin with a version that works.
- Update your core WordPress system. WordPress is regularly updated for many reasons. When it comes to hackers, it’s always best to have the newest version. Before updating, we back up all your files and databases. Then we update your installation and check it over. If there are any problems, we fix them or return your installation to its previous condition until all issues are resolved.
- Provide technical assistance. We want you to be able to update and add to your website on your own. There is a learning curve with anything new, so we will stick with you and explain how to do whatever it is you want to do. We are NOT available 24/7, but you can send us an email and we’ll respond as quickly as possible with the instructions you need
- Do it for you. We will not create all your website content, but if you email us photos, graphics, videos, text etc. we can add the information to your site to your specifications. This is not normally included in our contracts. We typically charge a flat fee of $50 to $75 per hour depending upon what you need. Typically if it only takes us 15 minutes or less, we’ll do it for free, as it’s not worth our time to bill you.
- Save you money. We can save you a lot of money and time, because we work with a partner that continually creates ‘templates’ for a wide range of website types. If you allow us and we can find a suitable template, we will start with that template and modify it to your specifications (logos, images, videos, text etc.). The process saves a lot of time and money. For examples of websites we developed like this, see: cleanenergyholdingsllc.com and relaxinglifeplano.com. We made enough modifications that you would be hard pressed to find any other website that looks like them.